My imaginary friends.

Colin and Sally are my imaginary friends, telling us about their daily lives in the real world.

Age? I think they said they are in the 5th grade, but it might be the 4th or 6th. They are twins.

Because of new bureaucratic red tape from the US government, Google can't let me make accounts for them. So they'll be posting from my account.

Start here.

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Independence Day! (But not in Japan.)

Thursday, the Fourth of July

No fireworks!
"Fireworks" in Japanese is 「花火」 (hana-bi), or "fire flowers".
It's too early for fireworks here.
Fireworks are for O-bon and matsuri.
And we had to go to school on Independence Day!

I was so sad.
-- Colin
---------

We had science in 5th and 6th periods, after lunch.
We studied about flowers, but not fire-flowers.
In Japanese, "pollen" is 「花粉」, pronounced "ka-fun".
Petals are called "hana-bira" (「花びら」).
Hanabira and hanabi are completely different things.
-- Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment