My imaginary friends.

Colin and Sally are my imaginary friends, telling us about their daily lives in the real world.

Age? I think they said they are in the 5th grade, but it might be the 4th or 6th. They are twins.

Because of new bureaucratic red tape from the US government, Google can't let me make accounts for them. So they'll be posting from my account.

Start here.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

concert practice and no pool

Tuesday, July 2nd:

Third and fourth periods today were supposed to be pool.
But it was too cold.
I was so sad. 
So we practiced for the concert, instead.
Then I was happy.
--
Sally
------

For the concert,
I am playing the recorder
and Sally is playing the keyboard.
I get nervous.
But we all play together,
so no one hears our mistakes.
Practicing together is fun.
--
Colin
------

[Grammar and vocabulary notes -- 文法及び単語の解釈


  • third == 3番目
  • fourth == 4番め目
  • period == 期間→◯◯時間目
  • were supposed to be ◯◯ == ◯◯だったはず
  • too ◯◯ == ◯◯過ぎる
  • so == それほど→とても
  • so == だから
  • practice == 行う→練習する
  • for the concert == コンサートのために
  • instead == 代わりに
  • then == それで、それから、そのとき
  • be → am/are/is: I am, you are, he/she/it is
  • be playing ◯◯ == ◯◯を吹く(弾く)役になる
  • get nervous == 緊張する
  • all == 皆
  • play together == 一緒に演奏する
  • no one hears == だれも聞きません
  • mistake == 失敗
  • practice together == 一緒に練習する
  • fun == 面白い、楽しい
(added 2014.08.08)]

No comments:

Post a Comment