My imaginary friends.

Colin and Sally are my imaginary friends, telling us about their daily lives in the real world.

Age? I think they said they are in the 5th grade, but it might be the 4th or 6th. They are twins.

Because of new bureaucratic red tape from the US government, Google can't let me make accounts for them. So they'll be posting from my account.

Start here.

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sunday School on Tanabata

7th July, Sunday

It's Tanabata.
Our friends went to shrines and tied wishes to tree branches.
The wishes are written on paper.
We went to Church and studied from the Bible.
But Dad let us visit a shrine after Church.
I tied a wish on a tree branch, too.
-- Sally
--------

In Sunday School, we talked about hypocrisy.
Jesus taught people to do what they believe in.
I don't believe in fairy tales.
But I tied a wish to a tree branch, too.
I felt funny, but Dad says it's okay.
We can respect traditions we don't believe in.
I will study more about Tanabata later.
-- Colin

[Grammar and vocabulary notes -- 文法及び単語の解釈
  • go and study == 行って勉強する
  • let (person) (do something) == 人に何かをやらせる
    • ただし、「やってもいい」、とする。
  • Sunday School: (教会の)日曜学校
  • hypocrisy: 一つのこと言って、違うことをする
  • teach (person) to do (something) == 人に何かをするように教える
  • what (person) (believes in) == 人が信じていること
  • respect: 認める(みとめる)、尊敬(そんけい)する
  • traditions: 伝統、言い伝え、習わし
  • traditions we don't believe in == 信じていない習わしや言い伝え
(added 2013.09.13)]

No comments:

Post a Comment