My imaginary friends.

Colin and Sally are my imaginary friends, telling us about their daily lives in the real world.

Age? I think they said they are in the 5th grade, but it might be the 4th or 6th. They are twins.

Because of new bureaucratic red tape from the US government, Google can't let me make accounts for them. So they'll be posting from my account.

Start here.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Sleepy in the Morning in Los Angeles

23rd July

The airport clocks say it's 6:14 Tuesday morning.
The pilot said we had a tailwind and made good time.
We went back in time.
We're waiting to go through customs.
--
Colin
-----

I'm sleepy.
I watched too many movies on the plane.
Colin says we went back in time.
But good tail winds don't make us faster than light.
Who cares? I'm going to take a nap.
--
Sally
-----


[Grammar and vocabulary notes -- 文法及び単語の解釈
  • airport == 空港
  • pilot == 操縦士(そうじゅうし)、船や飛行機の運転手
  • tailwind == 追い風
  • make good time == 調子よく進む、早く進む
  • go back in time == 時間をさかのぼる
  • customs = 税関(ぜいかん)(荷物を検査して、税金などを決めるところ)
  • faster than light == 光よりも早く、時間をさかのぼるといわれる速度
  • Who cares? == だれが(そんなことに)気がかかる?、気にするもんか?
(added 2013.11.18]

No comments:

Post a Comment