My imaginary friends.

Colin and Sally are my imaginary friends, telling us about their daily lives in the real world.

Age? I think they said they are in the 5th grade, but it might be the 4th or 6th. They are twins.

Because of new bureaucratic red tape from the US government, Google can't let me make accounts for them. So they'll be posting from my account.

Start here.

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Courage and Faith

Sunday, July 14th

In Sunday School, we talked about 勇気 (yuu-ki, or courage).
Sometimes it takes courage to fight.
Sometimes it takes courage to not fight.
Sometimes it takes courage to go to school and take a test.
I think it takes courage to do what is right.
-- Colin
--------

We also talked about 信仰 (shin-kou, or faith) in Sunday School.
Faith is believing, but faith is also doing what you believe.
Faith in the company is why Daddy goes to work.
Faith in my teachers is why I study at school.
Faith in God is why we go to Church.
Faith sometimes takes courage, too.
-- Sally
--------

[Grammar and vocabulary notes -- 文法及び単語の解釈

  • it takes {A} to {B}. == {B}をするに{A}が必要です。
  • do what is right == 正しいことをする
  • do what you believe == 信じる通りものごとをする
  • faith in {A} == {A}を信じる信仰
  • {A} is why {B}. == {B}の理由は{A}です。{A}があるから{B}ができる。
(added 2013.10.02)]

No comments:

Post a Comment