My imaginary friends.

Colin and Sally are my imaginary friends, telling us about their daily lives in the real world.

Age? I think they said they are in the 5th grade, but it might be the 4th or 6th. They are twins.

Because of new bureaucratic red tape from the US government, Google can't let me make accounts for them. So they'll be posting from my account.

Start here.

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Cleaning day

Thursday, the 18th of July

Today was cleaning day at school.
We cleaned the classroom in fourth period.
My job was wiping the floor with a rag after the sweeping was done.
Three other students wiped the floor along with me.
I was tired.
We came home after lunch.
-- Sally
--------

It's nice to leave the classroom clean.
My job was cleaning the turtle tank.
My friend helped me.
Another friend tried to sweep my feet up along with the dirt.
The teacher scolded us for playing instead of cleaning.
But we got the classroom very clean!
-- Colin
--------

[Grammar and vocabulary notes -- 文法及び単語の解釈

  • wipe == 拭く
  • rag == 雑巾
  • sweep == ほうきで掃く
  • along with == 一緒に
  • leave == 残す、去る
  • turtle == 亀
  • scold == 叱る、たしなめる
  • get the classroom clean == 教室をきれいにする
(added 2013.10.14)]

No comments:

Post a Comment